Thursday 14 July 2016

Something to remember...

After hiding away for the best part of a week because of my unsightly mosquito bites, it struck me this morning how easily it is for me (and I guess for most of us) to suddenly feel unworthy. The horrible mess of bites on my face has made me feel so self conscious and yes .. also unworthy. I have been feeling afraid of people looking at me and wrinkling up their noses, thinking ugh. How ridiculous of me for just a few mosquito bites that will go in a week or so. Feeling so paranoid about something so trivial is a reason to feel unworthy when so many people in this world suffer real and debilitating disfigurement. But...feeling unworthy simply because of a few bites on my face is certainly not. We are all special in one way or another. I know that I have many special people in my life, family and friends and I could give each one of them their own unique reason for the "specialness". I remember when my children were small I wrote in one of my journals what I thought their main qualities were. It is lovely to read those pages again and see that those are still the beautiful personality traits that shine out from them. I think it is a rather nice idea.....think of the people in your life who really matter to you and then characterise them with one or two words that describe why. It is very revealing of how beautiful people are. I must look out my pages from that old journal and reproduce them here on my blog one day and it the meantime I am going to try out my suggestion above. I think it can only make me even more grateful for the wonderful people I am fortunate enough to have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment